New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting my first climber. I'm thinking about the Summit Titan, because I'm "full figured". Anyone own one, got any opinions?
Any "have to have" accessories?

thanks

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
i use the viper and wouldn't trade it for the world.The only accessory i use is my harness with the climbing rope.Never bothered with the vest until this year, always was in too much of a rush to bother with a safety harness but with the cimbing rope it does not reall slow things down, plus now i have kids so gotta be careful. Good Luck

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have the summit viper and its a great stand.

As for accessories not really much you need aside, just the climber and safety harness. I would suggest you go out and get the hunter safety system harness. Its easy to use and doesnt get all tangled like the free ones you get with your stand.

Make sure you practice a few times before you take it out. And always always make sure you have the top and bottom sections connected in some way. You do not wanna be 15 - 20 foot up and have the bottom slide down. It will ruin your day real quick.

As you start using your climber you will get better. My other advice, get into a routine, always keep stuff in the same pockets and prepare your gear before going out each time. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
summit viper- wouldnt hunt wit out it. Amazing stand.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Summit Viper [up]

I'm sure other models are just as good.

Also, I highly recommend the Summit RapidClimb Stirrups.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I have had a Summit climber since 1999. Use it maybe 20-30 times per season in all sorts of weather from rain to cold to snow. Still in awesome shape. Love mine!

·
Registered
152 Posts
love lone wolf....but they are too narrow for large guys, even the new wider one is still kinda narrow unless your waist size is 36 or less

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Summit Titan. I'm 300 plus. It's great with plenty of room. Get you one!!!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
lone wolf all the way first and last climber you will buy[up][up]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts