New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right now only a couple...gettin it all split asap so it will be plenty ready to burn for the fall..

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
yea i got mine drying in firewood length rounds now its been out there since the winter, ill probably split it in august and it will be ready to sell. lets see some pics of ur wood pile lol

·
Registered
957 Posts
WOW $200 a cord the guy in Andover on RT 206 is getting $165

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I got 2.5 cords of wood split and stacked as of 2 months ago and will probably split another cord before the 4th of July. I should be set as I have a lot leftover from last year.

I would suggest not waiting until August to split wood. Once cut into lengths, the wood doesn't dry out or season as much as you think until it is actually split into quarters or more. Just cut into log lengths doesn't mean the wood is seasoning as well as it should. Even once split, it needs a good 12 months to properly season, especially oak. Otherwise, you won't be burning efficiently and as hot as you could...plus risk creosote build-up. Just some friendly FYI.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NJTomato Guy...where exactly do you live, i would be wiolling to work soemthing out if you are willing to buy atleast 5 cords...pm your location and il discuss a price with you;)

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I would suggest not waiting until August to split wood
i do this every yr, the wood i sell is mainly ash and maple so it dries quickly, and is very dry by burning season. where my wood dries it gets direct sunlight the whole day, and i keep it covered when rains, ill let it season in cut rounds for almost a yr

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Guys are gettin $230/cord...then more to stack...its alot of work for not much money
i sell mine for 85 a half cord, but might bump it up to 90 or 95 this yr. but im not in it for the money, i love messing around with timber, and working in the woods and i mainly sell for my farmland assessment

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont mind it much either..i work for a tree company and do this in the evenings...i use the money i get from firewood for spending money at college...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I use Easter as my gauge for when all my wood is split for the following winter.

I might have some sweet gum in late July if anyone wants some. It doesn't produce many coals but it burns hot in my woodstove.

You'll need a splitter or wait till well below freezing to do it with a maul.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i live in northeast pa i cut and split tons of wood every year around 22 to 25 cords to sell just wondering what chainsaws r u guys running husqvarna 372xp and 357xp but getting the dolmar 5100 super

1 - 20 of 23 Posts