New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's all good to transport a shotgun (cased, unloaded) from NJ to a range in PA to shoot, right? I've never done it before, but may be in the near future...just want to check to make sure I'm not overlooking anything you guys may be aware of?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Yep i do it every weekend from April to December.As long as they are cased and unloaded.You will either need a PA hunting license or range permit to use a public range.They started cracking down on it this past year.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Private is private they will most likley charge you a tresspass fee.The licence is only for public ranges,granted at this time of year bumping into a warden is slim i would not take the risk of a fine.

·
Registered
362 Posts
anybody got a link to it?...having trouble finding it, I see references to it all over the web, but not the thing itself

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
at this time of year bumping into a warden is slim
ran into one last year and was glad. I was lost due to kids ripping downa streetsign, heran into me 5 min after I pulled off the side of the road. He was very nice and helpfull compared to some of the stories I've read.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I have had good and bad run ins with them but for the most part they are pretty good.Had one help us get a bear out a few years ago that was way in out in Center county and wouldnt even let us buy him lunch.I dont blame them,people are pigs at the ranges in pa and jersey i was always taught to take more then you bring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts