New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I got to say is about Damn time. And I was'nt even gonna go out Tonight. Anyway About 4:30 I rattled Aggressivly for 2 minutes and waited. A couple of minutes later I see this buck walking a bee line to me. He stopped at 40 yrds Stood on his hind legs licked a branch about 6 ft in the air and made a scrape. So cool I only ever saw that on hunting shows. Anyway he then started to walk right into me Head on as his head went behind a tree I drew back at 12 yds he was head on and looked at me. I had to take the shot. I felt good about doing a head on shot at 12 yds.Off he went running 40 yds and down BAby...

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Congrats Anthony! Thats a nice buck![up][up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Very Happy for you[up]

You are allowed to smile in the picture you know;)

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Oh I see instead of shooting 1 spike you decided to shoot 8 I see how it is.. Congrats Nice Deer I know you been waiting awile for him.![up][up]

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
NICE DEER!! CONGRATS![up][up]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Nice deer, Congrats.

Just a question for any of you guys. What age would you say that buck is 1-1/2 or 2-1/2 yr old?

David

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Just a question for any of you guys. What age would you say that buck is 1-1/2 or 2-1/2 yr old?
Looks like a 1.5 year old deer with good feed and good genetics.[up][up]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
That's what I thought. I has the same type face as mine was. It doesn't matter. It's an excellent buck.

David

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got back from the check station.And dropped him off at the butcher. He was only 106 dressed. I weighed him at simon peter. I thought he would have been heavier. I would also say 1.5 years old. And I shot him in zone 9

1 - 20 of 36 Posts