New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, was wondering if three below reduced pinching the nock issues. I've been using the split-finger hold which I used as a kid. BTW, am taking the bow course tomorrow with a borrowed Black Widow 65#'er (around 55# at my draw length). Shoulders are shot from practicing too much.[eyeroll]

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
3 under you get a cleaner release but I gap and with my setup my point on was 13 yards with 3 under so i switched to split and that puts my point on at 27 yards.

what ever tickles your pickle i say!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Three under is how I shoot my Cascade Recurve, it just seems more comfortable to me and also feels like less finger pinch. It also brings the nock closer to my eye, which helps with my accuracy. Just my two cents!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Popped three aspirins this morning for my sore shoulder and took the bow course at Whittingham. Did real good! First group got 3 outta 5 in kill zone, second group got 5 outta 5 with the Black Widow. Stopped at Simon Peter on the way home and got my bow license before the ink dried on my Safety Course Card.[up]

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Andy, you might want to look for a lighter set of limbs. Once you tear your shoulder up it will never be the same( been there, done that) I have killed just as many deer with a 45lb bear recurve as I have with a 58lb custom longbow. The lighter limbs are more fun to shoot and provide a better platform for working on your form.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.