New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although, it was a gorgeous day we had a tough time picking up any decent fish. If it wasn't sand shark city it was sea robins galore [mad] Wind against the tide or no wind at all made things even tougher :(
I concentrated a serious effort in the Reach channel with the hopes of landing a few weakfish. But there was none to be had. I tried peanut bunker and a few jigs. There were no sandworms to be had anywhere. I couldn't buy a weakie if my life depended on it. We managed a half dozen fluke with 2 keepers and a couple of damned yellow eyes. Oh well. The weakfish are there and I will be making a serious attempt to put a catch together before the seasons end... As this is one fish that continues to elude me [mad][mad]

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
A guy that works in the supermarket I go to said they went out either Fri or Sat. and limited out over at Roamer Shoals. They were using sandworms.
Nice fluke the 1st mate is holding.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Veninsoneatr I was out there on Saturday, I fished the reach all the way from the Bell bouy to the 6 can, fish all over but no sandworms. Party boats are buying it all up. What some guys are doing is paying for them the day before the deliveries and then picking them up in the morning. We were able to get four with the rubber worms. All in all it was still a nice day to be out there with the family. Conditions were very rough with winds of 20 to 25, even with the sea anchor out I was still moving at a good clip. Don't know if you saw the Coast Guard out there moving boaters of the channels. Saturday one boater would not move even with that big CG ship bearing down on him. They had to slow down and come out to the bridge with the bull horn and tell him to move. About 20 minutes they were out there with the Zodiak and they got pulled over. Anal Cavities like that is what makes it bad for the rest of us, law abiding fishermens:D:p

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
El Jefe, what type of rubber worms are you using and how are you rigging them? Also, I thought peanut bunker was a good choice for weakies? I know sand worms are the best, but 4 tackle shops were sold out of them [mad] I fished between the 6 and 4 can. Which is where we picked up the fluke. The peanuts I was using were frozen. Do guys fish them live? I also heard reports of guys fishing surf clams like we do in the spring...??? Any other tips would be appreciated. Soon the striped ones will be back :D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts