New Jersey Hunters banner

Finally got out but didn't do so good

723 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Northernhunter 
#1 ·
Well I finally got out in the woods this week, I went out Monday in Zone 8 and had birds cackling at day break like crazy, started calling and had them going crazy, when they finally came off roost they henned up before getting to us, then at about 7:15 5 jakes came in and hung up just behind some brush at the edge of our blind and left me a very poor shot window, but after a few minutes I was able to take a shot but I shot through the edge of the brush and didn't hit the bird I was aiming at, although I missed my bird my hunting buddy jumped to his feet and got one on the run after I shot. So needless to say my opening day was a bust but just being out there was enough to make it a great day for me and my hunting buddies. Then after passing on the chance to go out today I got the dreaded 8 am phone call from my wife's cousin saying he got a nice tom in the spot I would have been in if I went. I hope everyone that goes out for the next few weeks does well and good luck.[up]

#2 ·
It happens chiefy, but you got out and you had action, which is more than some, and hey, there's more opportunities ahead, right :D

Good Luck . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.