New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I'm done working for almost a month without a day off its time for a little R&R. Taking Pop Striper fishing tommorrow, Probally on the Sea Hunter.I havent even heard or read a report in a while. Hows the bite?

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've heard it's pretty good... but the blues are in too so you may get a mixed bag. I'm heading out on the captain John tomorrow night after work.

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good Jersey I take a few Blues My aunt loves em.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The bite is good now with fish hitting clams, rubber shads trolled on umbrella rigs, and Wildeye Storm Shads - Bunker chunks are also working. [up]

Some nice Weakfish are starting to show up now, also. My buddy pulled a 10# from near the Highlands Bridge the other night. [up][up]

If you get any slammer Blues don't forget to save the "cheeks" (the piece of soft meat right behind each eye).;)

Core them out like shucking a clam/oyster or coring an apple, take the skin off, and cook them just like you would cook sea scallops.

A little crushed garlic cloves, sea salt/fresh ground pepper, butter, a squeeze of lemon, and cook in a frying pan - you'll have yourself one helluva meal!!! If you want, add a little cayenne pepper or creole seasoning for an added treat!!![cool]

Good luck fishing and tight lines to all!!! [up]

JT

Oh yeah - FYI - Some friends from my hunting club (including Outlaw) fished the Delaware River near Lambertville - They were going for Stripers and Channel Catfish using chiken livers and beef livers.

They said the water conditions weren't that great, but Outlaws cousin, Mike, caught and released a Striper that was under 12".

Where there's little fish, there are usually BIG fish not too far away, so I expect the Trenton, Lambertville, & Phillipsburg areas to start getting hot any day now, provided we don't get any more major flooding up that way making the river unaccessible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts