New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally caught some catfish. 3 to be exact. Had every kind of bait out there and caught them all on night crawlers with a bobber. It was a beautiful night and maybe now i'll start catching some big ones these were all about 15-20 inches. :)[up]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i tried, chicken hearts, gulp catfish bait, hot dogs, bacon and a fresh piece of sunny, they only hit the night crawlers. I dunno i thought that a greasy piece of bacon would work better guess not. Also i was told to let the bait sit on the bottom but that wasnt working so i had it about 18inches below the bobber in about 6 feet of water, that seemed to work. Fluke? i don't know, well see enxt time i go out.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and next time ill take some pics, camera died before i could get any pics as well as the flash light. Was interesting trying to check bobbers with a lighter haha

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea im still interested in comin down on a sat night, well have to figure out a date. Thanks

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats exactly what happened with me. I started reeling in the line, felt a few tugs then that was it i was just draggin him in, though i had weeds until i saw him.

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
caught them all on night crawlers with a bobber
Sometimes you'll find that all the hoop la over the new fangaled gadgets and lures and special bait don't hold a candle to the basics we were all taught as children.

Congratulations [up]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea i went out and gathered up all that stinky bait and good ol nights caught them ha. Pretty cool. No actually i was at oquatunk.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Sometimes you'll find that all the hoop la over the new fangaled gadgets and lures and special bait don't hold a candle to the basics we were all taught as children
Reminds me of a story I read in outdoor life,or field and strem when I was younger. The guy was at a drug store telling fishing stories when a kid walks in with a 7 lb bass to show off. they ask him what he caught it on and he said worms. so they all ran out and bought every kind and colored plastic worm but caught nothing. the seen the kid a cople days later and asked him what color,type ,rig ect. the kid replied just a plain ol earthworm gobbed on a hook.

I have always had better luck with plain ol live bait,mostly night crawlers. I guess i just can't wiggle the lures right [rofl][rofl]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.