New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i mainly bowhunt and when i do use a firearm its my dads so that means he and i go together but i have decided to go ahead and apply for my own Firearms license. Am i better off going to a state polioce barrack and getting the papers filed or should i go to my local police. i hear the state police move the process along faster than the municipal police do?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
If you have local police, you HAVE to go there. If no local PD, then you HAVE to go to the specific area State PD. And no, the state PD does not move the process along any faster.

-dan

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
And no, the state PD does not move the process along any faster.

-dan
Reguardless whether you have to go to your local PD or the State PD, speedyness of the process all depends on the personal opinions of private firearms ownership by the chief/commander/mayor and also the firearms application's processing officer in any particular department. This varies greatly from town to town and throughout the state. I've gotten something as simple as an address change and replacement FID done in under 24 hours back in my hand and have heard people in other towns take up to 6 mos for the same simple procedure. Also had a pistol permit in 30 days flat and other people waiting still over 9 mos because their PD chooses to drag thier feet or "accidently-on-purpose" forget to mail and/or misplaces important vital paperwork necessary in obtaining the permit. Good luck and let us know how you make out and what town you use and the time table for them.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I live in Mount Laurel and I have been waiting a month and a half so far for a simple address change.[confused]

They finger printed me again when I was there. Is this a mandatory thing to do for a address change?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
i handed in all my paper work on monday but the state police send u to a place to get finger printed i had all that done on wed. on sunday they where already calling my friends that i used as contacts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.