New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted about this in a while because there hasn't been any change. I applied back in January and have not heard anything in what is almost 3 months now. I've been calling every 2 weeks to no prevail. Last week the guy I spoke to actually took me seriously; he looked through a bunch of papers and old me that it's been sent to the state firearms division and they're really backed up. I asked repeatedly if there was anything I could do to speed this up because I was annoyed that my references haven't received anything yet and my check wasn't even cashed. Basically I found out that I really couldn't do anything except keep calling to check on the status. That was last Thursday and I looked at my bank account online today and saw that my check was cashed. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or my calling actually helped. I'm hoping that my references will get their papers soon and this is a sign that this will all be over soon. I know people have had past experiences with this station and was wondering how long after their references were contacted and their check was cashed did they have their FID? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I'm hoping that my references will get their papers
Usually they just call the references on the phone. The fact that they cashed your check means that they're actually doing something with your application but they probably just needed the money.[hihi] Keep calling weekly. I would think that it shouldn't be too much longer.

·
Registered
512 Posts
A friend of mine was doing a change of address on his card through the Hamilton Station. He dropped the paper work off in mid October and picked his card up this past Friday. He was calling at least once a week since December. Keep your chin up and hang in there.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Thats BS... I applied in early March and just got my pistol permits a few days ago... so the state being backed up is a lame excuse. By law they have 30 days... ask to talk to a supervisor.... if that doesnt work, talk to his supervisor. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was there a reason why you took it directly to NJSP? im just asking because I always took mine to my township PD.
My township doesn't have a PD so I have to take it to the state police. It sucks because from what I've heard the local PD's get it done a lot faster then the state police.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By law they have 30 days... ask to talk to a supervisor.... if that doesnt work, talk to his supervisor
I know thats the law but I don't see what good it'll do me to throw that in a cops face. Apparently there's one guy down there who handles all the FID business and he's the only one who has any idea what he's doing with them. Based on what reggie said I'm not expecting anything anytime soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.