New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
my buddy said he saw one up by round valley last year
Could be. Eventually the entire state will have them if all the documenties are true that once they are establihed they flourish.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Quote:
my buddy said he saw one up by round valley last year

Could be. Eventually the entire state will have them if all the documenties are true that once they are establihed they flourish.
I don't know,but there are those that dispute that. Supposedly anywhere the ground freezes is not good habitat for them. I am not sure that holds water because places like Tennesee anf Kentucky have them and it gets cold there

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I don't know,but there are those that dispute that. Supposedly anywhere the ground freezes is not good habitat for them. I am not sure that holds water because places like Tennesee anf Kentucky have them and it gets cold there
NY near the Finger Lakes have them according to NY DEC.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
They'll survive winter,my pop lives in s.w. pa.,in cambria county and they have had a major problem with them for about 5 years now.Our winters are a joke compared to what those folks get out there.PA is under an executive order from the game commissioner to basically take them at will,wipe them out.They are not recognized by PA as a resident animal,they are destroying everything.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
they seem to do good in russia. i don't think frozen ground is a big deal. if there is food, they will expand.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
if you see one there's more around,take it out,they eat and destroy everything in sight.PA doesn't recognize it as a game or non game species,there's no juristiction on them.you just need to report the kill,where and when.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.