New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year or two ago, it was legal in NJ to take feral hogs. Does anyone know the status of that? I have not read anything in the digest this year (the proposal for regulations). I believe last year it was in section 23 or 25.
Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I know that last year it was legal in Gloucester County, I believe zone 25, but it may have been just a one year thing. Wait till the official digest comes out and that should tell you for sure. If not, call F&G and ask.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Last year zone 25, and probably again this year, I talked to Big George the other day, and thats what they are hoping for. Apparently there was alot of pressure in the area they were in, and they spread out.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
It was zone 25 last year. It's my understanding that they'll likely allow feral pig hunting again this year but we'll find out in august for sure.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
never seen a feral hog in nj,i hunt zones 1,2, and 5 mostly though, no pigs up this way i guess.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Last year was the first year I heard of it. I think the season coincides with 6 day but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
If the TV show I saw on the Discovery channel is correct it won't be long before we have them state wide. They have proliferated all of the southeast states and are moving north. Their reproduction rate is unbelively high.

When and if they do arrive I hope it doesn't become a political football like the bear hunt.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
If the TV show I saw on the Discovery channel is correct it won't be long before we have them state wide.
I saw that program, they're becoming a real problem everywhere.

I think the season coincides with 6 day
It coincided with all the deer seasons from early bow all the way through the gun seasons and winter bow.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The feral hog season ran thru the deer seasons, you had to use deer legal weapons, and have a deer tag in possession. You didn't use the deer tag to tag the pig, they had a regular check in station you went to. They didn't want guys carrying deer weapons in the woods, saying they were hunting pigs, when in reality....

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Hey Whiskers, do I smell a Hog-A-Thon this year?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
those pigs don't stay long if the pressures on. they move onto private land.
but the public place there are on is so thick you won't be able to drive them all out.
ain't that right wiskers. the piece by the lake and tracks is THICK.
good luck to those who chase them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts