New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had one of my treestands stolen out of the woods. It was locked 20 feet up a tree, and the person who stole it took the time to take the stand apart up in the tree rather then cut the cable or lock. It was pretty obvious it was done by another hunter. The stand wasn't even on public land.

Maybe this is harsh but any hunter who steals another hunters treestand out of the woods deserves to fall out of that stand and sustain some serious injuries, I think that seems like justice.

·
11,226 Posts
Some people are just scum!!!! They have no honor, pride or self respect if they do that! Anti's have been known to do those type of things as well but you know there are those low lifes that would rather steal someones elses stand then to buy there own! It's really sad!
Sorry for your lose bowobsessed[down][mad]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The worse feeling in the world you can have is to get into the woods and find your stuff gone.

Its been done to me many times. It sucks, but there seem to be just as many thieves and crooks in the hunting sports as their are in any other nj related thing from politics to the church.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
They aren't hunters. They may hunt, but they haven't earned the title of hunter.

B

·
0 Posts
I had a climber & Loc On stolen from me years ago on private land, so did buckfever. We hunt public lands now, and buckfever & brownstones both had there climbers stolen. It really does sucks that these scum bags steal your stands. I wouldn't want someone falling and getting hurt to the point that it may change there lives, but breaking a leg or ankle that I wouldn't mind seeing to these scum bags, and I agree they aren't hunters

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I know the feeling. I didnt have a treestand stolen, But I had one of my Trail cams stolen this year. And it wasnt in an obvius location, you really had tobe scouting of looking for it to find it. One day someone will try to steal from me again, and I will break their HANDS!!!

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Ive had stands stolen and its a terrible feeling. Getting to a spot, only to find your stand missing, and realize a day of hunting is basically down the toilet, along with some hard earned cash and the effort to hang the stand. Stand theives SUCK![down]

On the other hand, when Ive had permission for certain properties it was our responsibility to take down stands that didnt belong to us or the fellow hunters allowed to hunt the property. We'd put the stands in the barn and pin a note at the bottom of the tree that read; "Contact landowner for treestand (landowners info)". For some reason, no one ever would.[confused]:D

Guess we had the last laugh on those trespassing bass-turds!

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
It really sucks,Seems like you here more about stands getting stolen here in NJ than many other states.One day,I hope I actually catch somebody in the act. [mad]

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I stopped using lock ons because they get stolen. This sucks because its nice to have a spot all set up to just jump into instead of using the climber every time. Those guys just ruin it for everyone else. They can just buy a new one for under $50!!!. Is it really worth the aggravation of cutting someone elses down for $35 or $40 bucks?...To all you guys out there who steal treestands "Go #@$%$*&^ Yourselves"

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Join the club all of you. I once posted what I did in the Bowsite and I was scolded by all. I will give you all a taste of what I did. I hunt strictly private property. Few years back we had a rash of trespassers. No that is too good of a name. We had a rash of scumbags, lowlife, bleepeating, pieces of crap. That had stolen some stands, vandalised our feeders, defecated on main trails. We figure it had to be locals. We knew they had us pegged as far as our routine. We never hunted in the mornings. I also noticed that one of my stands deep in the briars had been played with (I use heavy duty SS cable)so the scum figure if I cant take it I will hunt it. On a week Night around 3:00am I went in and took out two screwins. I had cut the threads out of two at home and I replaced them for the good ones. About three days later I went to hunt the stand, and sure enough the bleep hole try to climb my stand and must of fell hard. There was a pretty good blood trail down the ravine and out towards the road. I tracked him for about 40 yards were it looks like he stop to lick his wounds.
Well I was called all kinds of names in the bowsite. So if you guys want or don't agree with this, OH well I'm ready for another verbal wooping. I believe in treating FIRE with FIRE.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Man if only you had set up a trail cam to capture that one! Good for you Bossman, is it common to hunt bow but not from a stand? I am seriously considering staying on the ground if that is possible after hearing all these stories. All I had to worry about on our land in Texas was the illegals..but just leave a few cans of food, a can opener and the door unlocked to the trailer and we all got along fine.. oh yeah a old jacket and a nasty pair of shoes does wonders also! lol

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
El Jefe...That was you? You ^%&!$!$%^ing piece of ^#$%. Just kidding. Thats a good idea but the only bad thing is that if someone gets hurt on someone elses property,even if it is posted land,then they can turn around and sue the landowner. A few years back on property that I had permission to hunt someone got hurt while riding their 4 wheeler(trespassers)well they ended up suing (and winning) the landowner.

I don't know why the courts won't protect landowners on subjects such as this,but they don't

·
Banned
1,192 Posts
I would not want to see them fall and get hurt.I would rather catch them in the act of stealing my stand,because the hurt they would substain from the fall would be nothing compared to the punishment I would give them.
It should be hunters helping hunters,not hunters stealing from hunters.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
If I caught someone steal from me, I would break arms, fingers, anyting I can do to make sure they dont or cant do it again. Don't care about other people if they dont care about taking from me. They get what they deserve!!!!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I have a Loggy treestand I purchased in 1989 and have never let it out of my site for a minute. I don't trust leaving it anywhere. On a trip back from West Virginia I stopped at a Burger King and parked my truck backed right up to where I was going to sit and eat. I have been robbed of a very rare motorcycle in 1995 and will never forget that feeling after I was robbed. I am sorry to say but people are SCUM unless they are proven otherwise in my book. I don't trust anyone. Very sad that life has made me jaded but once you have been burned that is all it takes. Just like the BS I went thru yesterday with poachers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts