New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone try one of these calls i have one but dont want to ruin my spot/hunt. i know you can also call yotes in with it. i've seen it on tv and the does just run right in. thanks

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Great call, but make sure you practice with it. The few fawn-in-distress calls that I've owned/own require practice, otherwise, they make the most annoying and non natural sound I've ever heard..More likely to scare the deer into the next County... :)

I've had some good luck with these calls..Even called in a few bucks, strangely enough. Just make sure you really look around well before you blow that call and have a hand on your bow, ready to move into position to shoot- because its not unlikely to have numerous doe come flying in fully alert and aware....Keep the call on a rope, around your neck so that you can just let it go and avoid having to move to put it down or into your pocket with alert deer all around you.

Best of luck. I hope that it works for you this season !!

·
Registered
675 Posts
was looking for one at cabelas this past weekend and could not find any fawn distress calls. used to have one and it worked great to get that early doe in the freezer.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
get the primos dvd and watch how a fawn call works I love them.
Yep.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I have not had much success with them,

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I haven't taken any deer using a distress call. But I have used it to draw in (and kill) a large yote I spotted from my stand.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I have to get some srting on them lol call one handed. and make sure to drop the call before you draw and let go [rofl]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts