New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
No... getting ready to buy two
congrats! me too, at least i applied for 2 permits.

2 friends of mine just bought taurus "the judge".

i have my eye on a used colt detective special that i can get a good deal on in 38 special.

for my 2nd i'd really like to get a ruger mark-III 22/45.

i'll use the colt for home protection and the ruger for some serious inexpensive plinking[up]

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
No question, Glock Model 20 in 10MM. It's the perfect all around gun. Perfect for carry, you will not find a more powerful handgun in a carryable package, great for target (can also shoot .40's for cheaper plinking) and can kill most NA animals dead.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Larger Caliber: Ruger GP 100, long barrel, in 38 special/357. Good weight (a bit heavy, but handles recoil well), good balance, accurate. The rubber/rosewood grips are nice too.

My .22 is a Ruger Single Six. Good plinker, great for teaching kids. I may trade up (or, what the hell, but another) .22 and get an auto. That'll probably be a Ruger too.

(see a pattern here?)

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Oh...if you want to talk about "pistol envy"--

My brother has an old Colt Army revolver. (Not the civil war version, the kind the Army used BEFORE they started issuing the M1911 automatic.) It is the same GI issue item George Patton carried into Mexico before WWI. Again, good heft, accurate, and that .45 long Colt (if you can get it) is a helluva round.

All in, my absolute favorite belongs to my cousin who now lives in Wa. State. His dad had a bring back Luger in cherry condition. I am one of 6 people (other than the guy at the factory with the proof load, and the unfortunate "first owner") who has ever fired it. The others are my cousin's brother and sons.[up]

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.