New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you guys seen deer go nuts over besides corn or apples? I have tried buck jam over a rotted log that they haven't touched.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
corn,apples,acorn rage (bears too lol)

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
trophy rock also

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
quick question im going to hang a tree stand and replemish my bait and check the trail cam will a deer eat rye bread also obviously im putting out corn to but my mom has a big loaf that is no good is it worth putting it out.?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
sorry to semi jack the thread reeltight79 Peanut butter works good ive had bears come into it so i stopped I use acorn buck jam in the early season with corn and acorn rage. Then as winter comes corn and apple mix. Also if you see it it comes in a little gel bottle its called Bucksnort works well. Vanilla extract or Cmere deer I have also had good experience with.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ye peanut butter works ,

sometimes i think it depends on your location-what deer have to eat naturally, couse i swear i had things that were out in certain spots and were never touched and yes there was shitload of deer there.
for me it would be 3 things that worked
molasses,buck jam,trophy rock

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
When Bordy's used to be open, I would always pick up bags of corn with molasses. That worked better over my friend's cracked corn.

Over 15 years of hunting, the best attractant I have discovered and has worked almost every time is to have your wife say that you need to be home by 7PM because you are going out to dinner with the neighbors and we have reservations. Almost every time I hear her say that as I walk out the door, I am in the woods tracking and field dressing a deer at 6PM and inevitably late for dinner. She's pissed, but inside I am still pumped to have shot a deer.;)

·
Registered
21,476 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
the molasses corn I've used works well...provided it stays dry....the scent is usually pretty strong right out of the bag....a friend of mine has used sugar beets and swears by them

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quick question im going to hang a tree stand and replemish my bait and check the trail cam will a deer eat rye bread also obviously im putting out corn to but my mom has a big loaf that is no good is it worth putting it out.?
YES! Deer love bread! I had a load of hot dog and hamberger buns left over from a party. They ate every piece of bread and barely touched the corn.

·
Registered
791 Posts
throw out a couple pounds of corn. then take a bottle of corn syrup or molasses and swirl it all over everything including the ground, then take a can of iodized salt and whip that over everything. Its deer crack cocaine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
go to costco or bjs and get the biggest, cheapest tub of peanut butter and slab it all over a tree near your stand. Watch out for bears though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts