Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Gsp/ep love them dogs labs too.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
German Shorthaired Pointer in color mostly white with liver head.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Upland pointers most definitely Llewellyn setter or English setter... Followed closely by Brittany spaniel

flushing dog, it's hard to beat a good Springer spaniel they're machines

retriever, a well bred lab hands-down

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have 2 Boykin Spaniels and they are Great bird Dogs and Family pets ...my 5 yr. old male points flushes and will retrieve in in water...this will be my females first real season in the field but is showing me that she is a natural !!!!!! o and by the way they had puppies so if anyone wants I have 5 males left going on 9 weeks old just in time for Christmas ...

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but dog owners really need to understand the breed characteristics of any dog they intend to buy. I've seen far too many times a dog owner get a dog that doesn't fit his or her personality. Also, what kind of home can you give the breed you plan to get? Will it require being around family? Do you expect it to interact and play with the kids? Are you wanting to compete with it?

I think too many people buy dogs that they like the looks of and later learn how difficult that breed is for them to train or to have in the home. That goes for hunting and non-hunting dogs alike. What might be the perfect breed for me may be the wrong breed for someone else. I hate seeing good dogs being put down or given up to rescue shelters because the owner didn't do his or her homework first.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
GSP for me. I enjoy the versatility of the breed. Whether we are in the field hunting upland in a goose blind or hunting ducks he does it all. And don't let that short hair fool you my guy will work in the coldest of conditions and get the job done!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.