New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went striper fishing with some friends today on my boat. We caught 42 B [no swearing please] this afternoon, all on clams.[up] Most were slot fish around 26 inches. The biggest was around 33 inches. Going back out in the morning with my brother. This sundays striper trip should be a blast, if the weather holds up!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clams were all alive. I shuck them as I need them. The fresher the clams the harder they are. I start by opening the clam, then I scrap all of the insides out. I then cut the clams tounge inhalf along with the gut. I always have some gut on my hook for scent. If you hook the tounge 3 or 4 times then hook some of the gut once, it shouldn't fall off as easy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have also seen some surf casters tie a whole clam on thier hook with dental floss. that works good when you have to whip your bait out away from the beach If your on a boat the way I mentioned before works great. Make sure you have enough bait, I always buy a bushel or sack from the bait store.;)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
See now I'm really pissed, I was supposed to be on his boat today[mad] But not me, I had to go and try my new ATV, get eaten alive by mosquitoes. Did I say mosquitoes!!! OH yea they were all over me, they sure had fun with me tonight.[mad] And there is my buddy Trippleplay loosing all the skin off his fingers from pulling hooks out of stripers.
I do really feel like crying right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Tony, I'm bringing the camera tomorrow, maybe if I post some pictures, you might leave your stand for a change!:D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
You have to rub it in don't you. I'm bringing mine too so you can see that 9 pointer I'm after. Will see who is going to cry tomorrow:D:D

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Don't know what forcast you guys are looking at, but the one I just saw, said the possibilities of showers, but mostly cloudy

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Its gonna be a good time, everyone that hasnt met us yet, is gonna think we are idiots!!! LOL

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
From what I hear the run is going to be better then the Spring run. Tripleplay could not keep his bait in the water, soon as it hit bottom WAM fish on. The bay is also loaded with Gator Blues 10 pounds and up. It does look like we might get some rain. But I know its going to be real cold. You guys and those that are wearing those tight swim suits, make sure you bring plenty of warm cloth. The Boat has a big cabin so room is no problem[up]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts