New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I was lucky enough to see one up close in Stokes State Forest years ago..I was in a tree stand and watched a coyote, which had the mange, p [no swearing please] by 10 yards away. About 30 minutes later I spied a bobcat following the footsteps of the coyote. When he passed 10 yards from the stand, he looked up and didnt like what he saw and slowly backed away never taking his eyes off me until he was 50 yards away. Then he took off..The only time I saw a bobcat in NJ...He was smaller than I expected...I have seen them since in Maine, NY and New Brunswick, but they were all much larger than the one I saw in NJ..THose are some nice pics..

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Nice Kitty.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
In PA we have a lottery season for them. I never applied, cause most of them are in the middle of the state.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I would love to see one.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I had a friend in Virginia whose wife went out to get some firewood from the pile on the side of the detatched garage.

When she turned the corner with a flashlight, one of 'em was sitting about 3 ft. from her face on top of the pile.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
If they ever open a bobcat season, my wife has 4 cats that I'm going to put bobcat costumes on............

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts