New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal...

I ordered a carbine upper assembly from Yankee Hill Machine (YHM) back in December, to complete an AR-15 build I had sitting in the gunsafe. I was told the backlog on orders at that time was 6+ months!

Fast-forward to last week. Yankee Hill called to inform me that my order was ready for shipment. The salesman asked if I'd ordered 2 uppers or was there a mistake on the factory end. I told him I'd take both (seeing as how difficult it is to get AR parts these days). I don't really need two, so I'm offering one up for sale here. These uppers are hard to get, and if ordered from YHM today, you will be quoted a delivery date into early 2010! [eek]

here's the specs:

YHM Black Diamond Carbine top end (part #YHM-7800)

- Mil. Spec. Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum YHM Flat Top Upper Receiver
- "T" Marked Upper Receiver w/ Forward Assist
- Mil. Spec. Bolt Carrier Assembly
- 14.5" Chrome-Moly Vanadium Steel Barrel,w/ permanently attached YHM Phantom Comp/Brake (YHM-28-5M1), Heat Treated to RC 25-32
- Chambered in 5.56 N.A.T.O., Chrome-Lined with a 1:9" Twist
- YHM Diamond Fluting Improves Rigidity and Aids in Barrel Cooling
- YHM Carbine Length Diamond Handguard (YHM-9630-DX)
- YHM Forearm Endcap (YHM-9484-B)
- YHM Hooded Front Flip Sight Tower w/o bayonet lug (YHM-9395-H)

These uppers were factory assembled by YHM to be compliant with New Jersey's AWB, and feature a demilled front sight base w/ bayonet lug removed as well as a permanently attached muzzle brake / compensator in place of the flash suppressor. The muzzle device is permanently pinned & welded in place on the 14.5" carbine barrel, bringing the total barrel length over 16" making it a civilain legal rifle under ATF regulations.

I'm not looking to profiteer here, just recoup what I spent & help a NJH member avoid a lengthy wait on a factory ordered piece. Asking price is $800.00
Face to face sale prefered (central NJ). Shipping can be arranged for an additional charge to cover expenses.

These YHM uppers are SWEET! [up]

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Thats a quality upper and its not a bad price. If I wasnt coming into lean times I would probably take it. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
With the bolt and charging handle, that's a good deal.[up]

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can a moderator please move this post into the "Classifieds" section...thanks!

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE ** UPDATE **

I've located a brand new in package Yankee Hill Machine (YHM) Flip Rear Sight (part # YHM-9680) in my workshop, which I will include in the sale of this AR upper at no additional cost!
http://yankeehillmachine.com/store/sights.html

This rear BUIS alone is a $81.00 value, and will be included in the sale of this upper assembly. All you need is a complete lower & you're ready for the range. [up]

Price for entire package is $800.00

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a pic of the YHM Flip Rear Sight (YHM-9680) that I'm throwing in for FREE with the purchase of this Black Diamond Carbine upper...

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is there a way i can directly contact you because i am very interested in the upper.
dvilla22,

check your pm for info.

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To answer a question that's been asked more than once...

NO FFL or FID CARD required for purchase of an AR upper assembly!

The only part of an AR that is serialized (& requires transfer as a "firearm" ) is the lower receiver.

My only requirement is that buyer be over the age of 18 to purchase (with ID to prove age).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts