New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i use expandable heads and i like them....right now im using Spitfires...im considering changing brands....no reason why but i wanna try something new....do any of you use them? what kind?

B

·
0 Posts
I use fixed heads Muzzy 3 blade 100gr. when I get my new bow after the new year I would like to try the Exp. Heads, but the archery guy I use tells me not too, your taking your chances....So I don't know what to do, I would hate to try them and I lose a deer, especially an IOWA monster

·
Registered
973 Posts
I've been using spitfires for three years now and they are great. I use some killzone expandables and are seeing some flight difference. Also, the spitfires are easier to work with after they are shot.

Don't fix it, if it's not broken...

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was using spitfires and had good success with them, this year i wanted to try Rocky Mountain Snypers and harvested first deer with them last week. The rearward locking blades take the worry out of hard quartering away shots. The doe I shot was quartering hard and it was no prob, entrance hole was about 3". Deer went 75 yards and piled up left a heavy blood trail.

·
Registered
282 Posts
used the spitfires. always had great success with them. last year i uesd the tekan and absolutly love them. but i always like to try different things too so i used the crimson talon this year. shot a 4 point in NY and they were awsome.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Never had a problem with them. they leave HUGE HOLES!! [up] you can get replacement blades, and they dont use rubber bands, they are o rings. they slide backwards on impact instead of folding back

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i prefer fixed blades, magnus two blades are the best ive shot so far. expandables scare me, just somethng else to go wrong..

B

·
0 Posts
I have to look into these Exp. heads and the ones IMB is using when I get my new bow

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
BHC - I use the Muzzy 3 blade 125gr and my son the 100 gr. As far as I am concerned, they are the best broadhead on the market. Why would you want to change and go to the expandable?? Take the advice given to you and stick with the Muzzy!

B

·
0 Posts
Big8ptr: your right, it's that after the new year Im getting a new bow, will using carbon arrows, just wanted to try something new, and yes the expert told me to stay with the fix heads and stay with muzzy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts