New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No deer yet but very exciting morning. I couldnt sleep so I got into the woods at 4:30 a.m. On the way in, about 40 yards from the bait pile I hear some noises, sounds like some deer moving around doing something. My first reaction hide behind a tree and sit. The deer keep eating and never knew I was there. So now I realize I have to sit here until light so I can see my sight pins. Needless to say I sat in the rain, got soaked until about 6:15 a.m., little bit of light came out, 5 min later I hear a sneezing sound, realize the doe must have winded me, so I stood up to take aim, but the second deer (Mr. Buck I'm assuming) had already taken off behind my stand and I had no shot at the doe and she took off.

It wasnt a success but man never had my heart pound for over an hours before [up][up]

B

·
0 Posts
Hey nothing wrong with getting your heart pounding, glad you had fun while getting wet[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Deer are snorting at you, and you question why I preach trying to stay scent free?

[confused]

No way to beat a whitetails nose completely, but there are ways to limit your odor enough to keep them from going on full alert, snorting and running.;)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Sounds like a good wake up to me.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I went this morning also i had a six pointer that was chaseing two does come by he was to small to shoot though.
It didnt really rain that hard it was a little chilly though,you cant get them sitting at home i cant go this afternoon i have a wedding to go to [down] plenty of drinking though [up][up].
Good luck to everyone who heads out this afternoon

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doe didn't snort while I sat there for an hour, it wasnt until the wind shifted. If the wind didnt shift one of the two deer were in trouble. They are also lucky its not shotgun season because my slug is alot better than my arrow!!! :D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts