New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Had it since the summer. Don't think it's any more noisy than other crossbows. 380 fps and at 50 yards he couldn't jump my string!
congrats on a nice buck .

But guessing you havent shot many as they most definetly can jump that bolt at 50 yards. they can even jump it at 10 yards

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I see one of two things that happened. Either the deer was dropping at the sound of the shot and you hit it in the spine or the deer couldn't drop and the shot was high? Where did you aim?
I tore my rotator cuff and herniated a disk in my back from work. For the life of me, I could not even draw my sons bow back so I borrowed my buddies matrix 380. Did not want to but had to.
The first shot i took with it scared the bejesus outa me. They are loud! Effective but loud

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wait a minute...50 yds is 150 ft. At 380fps that deer has around 1/3 of a sec AFTER hearing the bow to jump the string. On top of that, he needs to decide weather to jump or duck. OK, maybe possible if he's looking at you and you're already busted. At 10 yds or 30ft, he has less than a tenth of a second. Not likely IMHO no matter how loud the bow is. If you aimed center and shot true,that deer can attempt a back flip and you're not missing him

·
Registered
431 Posts
Reactions: PBHUNTER44

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wait a minute...50 yds is 150 ft. At 380fps that deer has around 1/3 of a sec AFTER hearing the bow to jump the string. On top of that, he needs to decide weather to jump or duck. OK, maybe possible if he's looking at you and you're already busted. At 10 yds or 30ft, he has less than a tenth of a second. Not likely IMHO no matter how loud the bow is. If you aimed center and shot true,that deer can attempt a back flip and you're not missing him
...my experience with my M380 shooting at 31yds or less...deer looking at you or not...by the time he/she wants to say Holy Molly....my Lumenoked 18" ZS with a 100g Spitfire up in the command module is already through the deer and in the ground lighting up the way for a rapid recovery.

My two boys and me are 6 for 6 so far this year with our M380's.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I see one of two things that happened. Either the deer was dropping at the sound of the shot and you hit it in the spine or the deer couldn't drop and the shot was high? Where did you aim?
I tore my rotator cuff and herniated a disk in my back from work. For the life of me, I could not even draw my sons bow back so I borrowed my buddies matrix 380. Did not want to but had to.
The first shot i took with it scared the bejesus outa me. They are loud! Effective but loud
....wear ear plugs[rofl]....

...all kidding aside...yes they do sound loud...get one and shoot it a few times and you no longer hear a thing.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.