New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Florida this week to visit my sister and kids..
My nephew just turned 17 and he's been dying to start hunting .. A few months ago he asked me for a shotgun..I told him I would gladly get him one for Christmas if he kept his grades up and helped his mom around the house. He kept his end of the bargain and I was more than happy to be the one to buy him his first shotgun..
So we drove to the nearest Dicks in west palm and found a mossberg maverick on sale ..A perfect starter shotgun for him to learn on..
l handed the sales person my drivers license and non resident florida cwp ID. He handed it back to me and said "sorry , we don't sell any firearms to NJ residents here at Dicks"..
When I asked why he claimed it was a store policy ..
I know Dicks in NJ can be a pain in the a$$ with the state rules ,,But who thought they would be the same in the state of Florida ??. As mad and embarrassed as I was I knew taking it out on salesperson would be pointless ..So we left and started looking for other places..
Long story short we found a nearby gun shop with an indoor range and bought the same gun with ZERO hassle.. I paid $30-$40 more but it was well worth it..
I'll never buy another thing again from Dicks..Their policies can kiss my ass from now on..I'll gladly pay more elsewhere..

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Same thing happened to my dad and I in ny state in oneonta. They had a crazy sale going on and after they let us handle all the guns they told us "can't sell to nj residents".....why the hell did you leas us to believe you could then for the last 45 minutes? Probably saved us both about 4k ha.

Reactions: smoking gun

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
just curious,would that gun shop still sell you the gun if you didn't have a florida cwp id and you gave them just your jersey credentials? pa is the only out of state place i ever purchased long guns in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude I live in PA but use to live in NJ, have a valid FID and when I moved had it updated. I saw a very nice deal in Woodbridge Dicks and drove down to pick it up. after 45 minutes in the store the manager told me that since I lived in PA that FID wasn't valid, they are only for NJ residents. there was no winning, if it wasn't for a local police officer standing there hearing this BS and thankfully chimed in. she actually called another store manager to clarify and I got my gun. that twat just put FID down and told the clerk to ring me up, no sorry, my bad, or tks for my business. useless people that shouldn't be allows to sell guns. they have no idea what they are doing, there are nothing more than a clothing store.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Most guys down here in Florida buy all sorts of guns on Facebook, there's a bunch of closed groups that buy, trade, swap everything from full auto to suppressors, very few buy at big box stores. Screw Dicks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
hence this is why i only purchase my permits at dicks they take credit cards to make it easier for me ever since Newtown square shootings when they removed all the ARs i will never ever buy anything from them again and i do let them know this is the only reason why i am here they make .25 cents per transaction on all permits time to go get new permits for 2015 Dicks rockaway

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Long story short we found a nearby gun shop with an indoor range and bought the same gun with ZERO hassle.. I paid $30-$40 more but it was well worth it..
Que Sera, Sera. Your a good man charlie brown! /Vince unclevince/able HEAR ​that nephew?Many happy hunt's for you two!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.