New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can it be true? I think ESPN started their Hunting Sunday. Hunting shows all Sunday morning. However, right now there is a saltwater fishing show on.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
The only thing I don't like about ESPN hunting shows is = Shot placement on the game hunted, other then bird hunting ( ducks, geese ) they are the only 2 kills I have seen on ESPN.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't quite understand what you mean by shot placement. All the ones I have seen have been clean. There are shows on the Men's Channel were the shot placement is way off. There was on show where the host shot a deer in the hind quarter and it ran for over 2 miles in Mexico. They found it the next day after they heard a coyote howl. It had been eaten.
However, I do wish there was more upland bird hunting on. Sometimes I wonder about doing my own show like New Jersey Outdoors or something.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Under Wild Sky, Advantage Outdoors, Realtree Outdoors, Outdoor Almanac, Wildlife Quest. The did have 2 Pheasant hunts on. Made my day. One was from South Dakota where my pup is coming from.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am the 4th pick for a female. They are having 2 litters in September. According to their pedigree lines they are off the Rebel Rouser line. I should have the pup by mid November. I'm not going to push training, but I thought I may be able to catch the last of the commercial preserve season to get the pup on some birds. It should be about 7 months by then.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Good shows today. Them english cockers worked them birds well. Great retrieving!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they did. And the pointers and labs didn't do that bad either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts