New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe we can get an equipment forum in here somewhere so i don't have to post a general topic about my new mathews switchback that is awsome and well...that's it i quess..i gotta go outside and shoot it...later!!!

B

·
0 Posts
dirtfarmer, whats the lenght axel to axel on that bow, and if you dont mind what did it cost you?

I have a Mathews Z-max but I want a new bow by summer, and of course I'm leaning towards Mathews

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BOWHUNTERCOP...33 INCHES AXEL TO AXEL..IT COST 719.00..I GOT IT LAST NIGHT AND JUST SHOT A BUNCH OF ARROWS..MAN O MAN WHAT A SMOOOOOTH RIDE THIS BOW IS! i'M NOT A PRO BY ANY MEANS BUT ASK AWAY! i'VE GOT IT SET AT 65 lbs RIGHT NOW AND AM SHOOTING A HHA SLIDER SINGLE PIN (IT'S BRIGHT AS HELL), WHISPER BISCUIT REST,BUT WHAT SPOOKED ME THE MOST IS THE PEEP SIGHT,,,THERE'S NO RUBBER TUBE AND THE STRING ISN'T SUPPOSED TO TWIST? SO FAR THE PEEP DOESN'T MOVE. MY GROUPS HAVE TIGHENED UP INCREDIBLE!!

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
The Switchback is an awesome bow. I shot my buddy's several times. However,his string stretched already and his peep has rotated.I don't think the new Barracuda string is much better than the original Zebra.
For this,reason I upgraded the string and bus cable on my Outback to a Winner's Choice.I switch all my bows over to WC strings and have no problems with them.
Great bow-good luck with it!!

B

·
0 Posts
Well I have to get over to TARGETEERS, and take a look at it. Thanks for replying Dirtfarmer

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Hoyt has some excellent bows out this year, although i have last years model vipertec, its shoots fast and smooth

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I dont think youll have a problem with peep twist, but when its time for a new string I would go with winners choice. I would also shoot a loop, they help with peep alignment& serving wear. I think there more accurate than shooting off of the string.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'VE BEEN MULLING OVER THE LOOP SPLTLIM..AND IT WON'T TAKE LONG TO CHANGE THE STRING IF THIS GIVES ME ANY TROUBLE..WHAT ABOUT DRAWLENGTH.?

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
question guys...how long does it take for the string to settle so there is no more peep rotation? I just got a new hoyt and it hasnt really stretched....ive shot about 150 arrows so far...also does the cold air have an effect on the string in terms of peep rotation?...when i shoot outside in the cold whether my peep tends to rotate but when I have been shooting inside the peep stays right where it should

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Bowhuntercop, check out the bowtech's also. I shot one a couple of days ago real real sweet bow. very smooth and fast. The bow was pushing 283 fps with a 28" draw at 60lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts