New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turned 65 last December and healthy,but was thinking about getting a crossbow this year.A new family member suggested a PARKER which he said is a good value for the money and he has owned about five different makes of crossbows.I could buy any one I want ,but don't see the need to go crazy and spend a fortune. What do you fellow crossbow hunters suggest ? I won't be taking any 60 yard shots either.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
The Killer instinct that one of the vendors is selling here is a great buy .
KI 350 for the money IMO cant be beat.

I have a 370 that has the better trigger in it but there isn't much difference between the way the 2 shoot

·
Registered
9,597 Posts
There are a lot of great buys on crossbows. The ONE thing you have to be careful of is the cocking effort needed. A lot of the "cheaper" bows have high cocking weights. Some may offer cranks to offset that. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ive been using the parker bushwacker since 2011 and its held up well. havent even changed the strings and they show little wear. it was 350.00 and would recommend them

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
parker is just about the best entry level crossbow, their warranties are great, customer service is unlike anybodys elses and they make quality products

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Agreed, two years old and only one option discussed. If you are just starting out don't overlook recurves. Excalibur is one of the oldest manufacturers of crossbows on the market. Their entry level bows are tough as nails and have tack driving accuracy. Price point is great too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts