New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call about a month ago from my friend in Maine. It seems that the last 2 winters' snow falls were more then my old camp could take. I've owned it for about 24 years and had many great family vacations there. I plan to rebuild or put a trailer on the property in the near future, but with paying for college tuition and wedding next year, that plan will have to wait. Here are a few pictures of my camp in Weld, ME coming down. :(

At least I still have the outhouse and the well.

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
I've seen many Deer fall because of hunting camps...But this is the first time I've seen a hunting camp fall because of a Deere.

[hihi]

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I've seen many Deer fall because of hunting camps...But this is the first time I've seen a hunting camp fall because of a Deere.
[rofl] Sorry to hear about your camp but you gotta admit that's funny right there. Good luck getting it rebuilt.[up]

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
good luck on your rebuild mission ,looks like a great area

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
def a sad day. but it will live on once the time is right! best of luck[up]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Better days are coming[up]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
Outfitters has log cabin kits that you can build in a weekend with two men, and limited tools. They run between $7K and $10K. They mill the walls out of 4 X 6 eastern white pine, and they are tounge and groove for joints. The kit is assembled on your pre-installed floor deck. Just assmble a floor out of 2 X 10's on top of concrete posts-just like building a back yard deck. The kit is delivered to the site, and two guys can install it in 3 days. Logs are easily lifted into position, and screwed together. The work goes fast and its cheap for a nice looking cabin. they come in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom varieties.

Good luck rebuilding

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
wow sad man my heart goes out to you

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not taking it to hard. It was something I knew was going to happen, but I was hoping for a few more years til I had to replace the camp.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
well goodluck with the rebuild[up]

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm definitely keeping the outhouse (grandfathered in). Here's a pic from Valentine's day storm a few years back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts