New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any info on the effective range of ghost ring sights on a 12 gauge shotgun with a rifled barrel shooting slugs?

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
That all depends on the shooter. Ghost ring sights are not designed for long range shooting, they are more of a combat sight for quick target acquisition and therefore the aperture is too big for precise aiming.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I use ghost rings on a few of my rifles and I have no problem getting nice groups at 100yds. I am sure the sights are capable of further but beyond a 100 the sight will cover to much of the animal to be very affective.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
"Ghost Ring" aperture sights go back hundreds of years. I had a primitive one installed on a hand built historically correct to the late 1700's flintlock and had no problem shooting minute of deer groups out to 100 yards. I love them on long guns but find them useless on handguns. The closer you can get the "ghost ring" to the eye the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.