New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
To the complaint that traffickers can't pass background checks and, thus, don't enter gun stores to make bulk buys, the answer is again simple. Traffickers hire individuals who can pass background checks to stand in for them to make their purchases. These stand-ins are called "straw" buyers.
So, from his own admission, this bill does NOTHING to stop gun trafficing because all a trafficker has to do is line up multiple people to buy guns for him, which he currently does now.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
BTW, NJ's current "registration" of handguns makes it pretty easy to tie the same buyer to multiple firearms if found at the scenes. However, you NEVER hear of anyone convicted. Why? Because the illegal guns found on the streets of NJ are NOT legally purchased in NJ by traffickers. Period.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand, he isnt too happy with all the calls from sportmen and 2A supporters calling him up over the last few weeks. Here's the number:Senator
Fred H. Madden Jr. (D)

DISTRICT OFFICE ADDRESS: 129 Johnson Road
Suite 1
Turnersville, NJ 08012

PHONE NUMBER: (856) 232-6700

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had his secretary on the line for a while ranting about how he turned on us and the thing that struck the biggest cord was when I told her his name is now being plastared all over the internet exposing what he did to us.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
This one handgun a month thing is so ridiculous. It is just a liberal smokscreen as is all gun restricting legislation. In order to buy more than one hand gun a month one would have to get more than one pistol permit per month. I guess it is possible to apply for two permits at once, but I am certain there is no PD that will process more than that.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
This one handgun a month thing is so ridiculous. It is just a liberal smokscreen as is all gun restricting legislation. In order to buy more than one hand gun a month one would have to get more than one pistol permit per month. I guess it is possible to apply for two permits at once, but I am certain there is no PD that will process more than that.
PD's will process as many as you want, $2.00 a piece. However, it will raise huge red flags to go in month after month and request 10+ permits unless you are a known collector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.