New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i just got back from driving through there. just as bad as september. it sucks for alot of people. are you okay mystic?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Mystic, i just got back from easton tonight, it is almost over the free bridge, they say it is suppose to crest around midnight, but they say it will go over the free bridge

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
the trout will be left in the woods. i drove past the musky today...holy crap! it's all up into the woods. if anyone knows the graphite mill in asbury, there used to be a water fall under the road. well now it's running level right over it. you'ld never know it is a falls.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
WOW---we have the Hackensack River about 1/2 mile from me and it is totally over the banks. The sad thing is that I noticed that the state stocked it the prior week---good bye trout.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's about 9:20am and I'm going to take more pics of the river. 22 west was backed up to 13th St. and the free bridge is under water.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I live in Bound Brook and went through a pretty bad flood in 99 thanks to Hurricane floyd... so I feel your pain man. Hope you're ok.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you can tell from the last pic I was on top of the hill I live on, but my house is much higher up the hill. My wife and I are fine and high and dry.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Just got an e-mail about trout stocking from [email protected]; on behalf of; FWLISTS FWLISTS [[email protected]]:

Preseason trout stocking is being adjusted this week due to high stream levels from the weekend rain. Lakes and ponds will be stocked over the next several days, and the streams and rivers will be stocked later in the week as stream flows subside. All trout stocked waters scheduled for preseason stocking will be stocked prior to opening day.

...And it's supposed to rain again on Friday!!!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Latest Report on the flooded areas from a friend who live in P-burg - Milford bridge will be closed until tomorrow. Frenchtown bridge is closed with structural damage suspected & Riegelsville bridge & the Easton free bridge as well as 611 are also closed until at least Wednesday. So, the only way into PA is thru 78........... Yesterday things were so backed up on the highway (up to Rt. 57) they were not taking any tolls.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts