New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone I know does this hunt it's with the Muzzy,shotgun or rifle. You are allowed 4 bucks and 2 does,The six day hint is 1980.00, Includes everything but the licence. I think I might do this one. First buck can be anything,Secong 4 pts or better,And the 3rd and 4th 6 points or better.
If anyone is interested let me know.I'm getting more booklets mailed to me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
watch out for carolina whitetail outfitters. no good. they have dogs that run the property chasing deer which were almost entirely nocturnal and totally spooked. they said they had over 2000 acres but they only rotated hunters on the same 8 stands. the hunt was a total ripoff. these crooks usually have a booth at the Edison show which is where I booked my opening week hunt. [down][down]

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
TC121 thanks for passing on the information. We should get a Topic going where hunters can post any Outfitter that they had a bad experience with in the past so other hunters can use as a reference and avoid. Think: you save your money and look forward to a trip and then end up with a place that is a total disappointment.

Drag: anything like that already posted?

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I can add one to the list but would have to check with a friend first. It was in South Carolina. Something??? Plantation.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I agree ..I did see a site last year were people put there remarks about outfitters ..I wish I would have saved it..

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I like the idea of an outfitter referral/comment forum. I have had a few trips that did not go too well. I know deer don't always move and weather, the moon, etc. affects your hunt. I just want to make sure your outfitter is trying and that the lodging is reasonably clean and usable.

·
Registered
301 Posts
i heard back to nature outfitters were real good. i hear they sell out their hunts fairly quick every year. i met a hunter in NC at carolina whitetail outfitters who hunted every year at back to nature but missed the deposit deadline so he got stuck going to cwo for that year. he could not believe the difference in the two places and he actually left cwo before his hunt was over. i was going to leave cwo early too but the 2 guys i was with wanted to stay.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TC121- Thanks. Glad this outfitter sounds good,I was getting worried for a sec. I put off going year after year cause I hate the fact of dummping 2 grand on something for 6 days with no Idea how the outfitter would be.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
South Carolina hunted there. To many rattle snakes. Was allowed 1 buck a day no season limits on bucks. The dog guys push off club propertys and theres nothing that can be done.The dogs might not be picked up for a couple days until the owners can track all their dogs they told me so mean while the dogs continue to run. Been told NC much like that as well.Unless an outfitter has a large exclusive track and no dogs are near by.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts