New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the early season nothing beats the NAP nitrons they fly like needles not much of a cutting diameter but if you know how to shoot correctly their deadly your deer wont p [no swearing please] 50 yrds. For late season when the deers change their hair to the dense coat you cant go wrong with the mechanicle HAMMER HEAD made by Rocket man when i tell you they leave a hole and a blood trail im talkin about a hole the size of softball and blood trail a 1to2ft wide

So what do you guys use?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
It's a new El Jefe-
Welcome to the forum.

You should change your name to El Segundo.:p

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I use 100 grain Thunderheads.Ealy season, extended season and winter season. Never had a problem getting thru the hair it usually the bone that stops em.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
There is going to be a charge on this one. Who is using my name here. Kris we need an investigation.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I know that you know that i know who you are!![mad] [mad] This is war

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I'll be using Spitfire 100s. The hole left on my deer this year was huge ~ 2-1/2" - 3".

David

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I've been using Thunderheads 100 grain for years. They make big holes and smash thru bone like nothing. ANd they shoot right on out to 60 yards on the practice range...never had a reason to change...But the size of the hole in your deer makes it tempting:D

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
i have used the spitfire and the hammerheads there is no doubt that the holes the hammers open on a deer is truly amazing[up][up]:D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey jefe whats your view on this ????

to me it seems in the extended season its better to go with a broadhead with a great cutting diameter do to the fact that during this time the deer not only have the thicker coat of hair but they also have a thick coat of fat which sometimes clogs up the exit wound when your shooting these nitrons ,thunderheads etc.... which only cut a 1" dia. Dont get me wrong i am not knocking all other broadheads everybody has different opinions ,but from what i have seem in the last 7 year , the best thing early season go with the small and extended with the large cutting diameter .

well its 12:00a.m. and i have to go study for a Psychology test Hopefully i'll learn something ,so then i can find out whats wrong with El Jefe....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts