New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here go out for the early permit M/L or shotgun seasons when its anterless only?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I have for zone 5 with the shotgun. Zone 5 used to have 3 days before Thanksgiving but they took those away. I have taken some deer then. Now it is open during 6 day shotgun.
This year I plan on going with the muzzleloader before shotgun week.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found out I have half a day the 23rd and down by me zone 51 is one of those early m/l or shotgun permit zones. Anyone down here up for an afternoon shotgun / m/l hunt down here?

B

·
0 Posts
Looks like I maybe hunting by myself on the 28th, but thats ok, the guys know where I'll be[up]

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
What is the reasoning behind having 3 early doe days when hunting doesn't stop up until the middle of February?

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I'll be in zone 9

What is the reasoning behind having 3 early doe days when hunting doesn't stop up until the middle of February?
I imagine to thin the herd. Not many hunters venture out when the weather turns nasty. You won't find me outside working in the winter, But I'll hang in a tree all day.:D

B

·
0 Posts
there is no reason to have a deer hunt with firearms after the new year, but for those who like all the power to you[up]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Zone 5 used to have 3 days before Thanksgiving but they took those away.
I thought Zone 5 still had those this year. I gotta check again.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
OK, just checked. You are 100% correct. No early days. Guess I'll have to go to my spot in Zone 13. I can shoot does there almost all year long. LOL

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Guess I'll have to go to my spot in Zone 13. I can shoot does there almost all year long
When you taking me.

Well I was hoping that Muzzy started in zone 5 earlier, but it doesn't look like I will get out with the muzzy until shotgun season. Going to use the muzzy thought because it is more accurate.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'll be out next week with my ML for a doe. Monday and Tuesday are vacation days, Wed - we'll see, work get's pretty slow.

After that I may continue to hunt ML for a buck in zone 10 or 41 until 6 day when I'll switch to zone 1 or 6 with the slug gun.

That reminds me - I need to pick up a permit this week and a couple odds and ends.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Crap it is coming up quick. I have to sight in the muzzy. I guess I'll be doing that with a million guys on Thursday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts