New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I use to really like eagle when I seen them. Until I got to know them. They are just seagulls on steroids! They are nasty birds!

But them big some bitches do look graceful when they are flying!

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These eagles are in Decorah, Iowa.

A couple of eagles that were born last year had GPS antenna on them to track their movement. The female eagle "Harmony" died. The male "Merrill" can be tracked here:

http://www.merrillcreek.com/eagletracking.html

Give the page time to load. I think you will be impressed as to where he has been. [smoke]

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To think the egg won't hatch for another month. No wonder the bird is knocked out

Duke Farms has a Eagle cam which you can monitor
Their camera is not working at the moment. Suffered some damage from Irene.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just hanging out in the rain....I'd like to catch the changing of the guard. Both parents take turns sitting on the eggs.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Wow, it's freakin windy there!! LOL Very cool thanks for sharing that, will be passing that along to some people.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Ive seen the male come, female leave for several minutes and then come back to sit on them. The male never sat on them just stood guard. Once she came back he took off again. haha and all this without talking to each other.

Gotta have a real appreciation for how nature works.

This was a great post[up]

I keep checking back from time to time. Like having a pet without the work.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My timing is off with these birds.......:(

Like having a pet without the work
This was my thought too. I was just putting names in the hat for the fledgling when it arrives... [lol]

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Missed it again...dagnabit!

Have to come up with two more names...eh?

I messed up a previous post. Should have said:

A couple NEW JERSEY eagles that were born last year had GPS antenna on them to track their movement. The female eagle "Harmony" died. The male "Merrill" can be tracked here:

http://www.merrillcreek.com/eagletracking.html

1 - 20 of 39 Posts