New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys noticed that the rear legs on Jersey deer are getting shorter ? It's from looking up in the trees all the time for US :D They always seem to sense something different up in your tree.
Well here's something that's been around for years.
DUMMIES
Make those wary deer get use to seeing a human form up in your tree. They are easy to make. Just get yourself several old BDU shirts and stuff them with old feed bags. Safety pin the bottoms to hold in the bags. Then simply attach the " dummies " to your treestand with bungee cords. When it's time to hunt, just move the dummie around to the back of the tree and take his seat. Believe me the Deer won't be able to tell one " Dummie " from another. Besides it's company on those cold lonely mornings :D:D

And yes DeerSeasonWidow, that is one of those 35 foot high stands :p

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
BOY DOES HE TAKE A BEATING !!
Mostly from me...lol

jon is an awesome guy. we have only fished together so far. we bust each other and it's all good. he's one of the good friends i've met from here.[up]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea, I thought that the idea of a Dummie up in a tree was off the wall when I first heard it, but it does seem to work. These Jersey deer don't get big by being STUPID. This just puts them a little more at ease. Just remember that when you start having regular conversations with the Dummie, it's time to take a few days off. Last year I did a few 14 hour tours in a few trees, and these little stuffed " buddies " and I became really good friends :p:p

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, never thought of that :p
Not quite the " MILE HIGH CLUB " but close considering some of my stands are 38 ft. up
HUM !!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a trip to the ol' book store :D:D:D

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, never thought of that :p
Not quite the " MILE HIGH CLUB " but close considering some of my stands are 38 ft. up
HUM !!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a trip to the ol' book store :D:D:D

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
38 feet??-Jesus! You could be a forest fire lookout tower! You must use 2 dozen or so screw in steps per tree or 3 or 4 laddersticks? Man,that's starting to get expensive! [confused]

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It does have one advantage though, the other 2 guys that hunt our lease won't use my stands. One said he tried one one time and got a nose bleed from the height :p:p

Remember " IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP
BUT THE EATIN'S GOOD "

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You three guys (Woj, nightstalker911, and JerseyJim) are soooooooo NOT RIGHT!!!!:D:D:D

Woj - That's the nicest thing you EVER said about me!!! Guess you were drinking heavily when typing your posts or you're getting too sentimental and soft on me 'cuz of the new baby thing!!!!! I KNOW YOU DIDN'T FALL OUT OF YOUR TREESTAND AND BUMP YOUR HEAD!!!![smirk]

Just remember, we brother Polacks have to stick together!!!!;)[cool]

Oh yeah, not to brag, but I am a member of the 20 FEET HIGH CLUB!!!! :p:p:p[cool][cool][up]

Of course nightstalker911 has to one up most of us and take it to the 38+ FEET CLUB!!! SHOW OFF !!!:D:D:D

nightstalker911 - Do you have a red flashing beacon or strobe on the top of your stand so the planes don't take your head off?!?!??!?! I believe you may be in violation of FAA Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 14CFR Part 139 and FAA Advisory Circular 150/5345/53B.

The following links will take you to FAA approved lighting and beacons for proper marking of flight path obstructions:

http://www.faa.gov/arp/publications/acs/534553ad.pdf - L856 and L857 sections apply, and Honeywell is an approved manufacturer, so I may be able to get you a company employee discount if you're interested!!!:D:D:D

http://www.faa.gov/arp/pdf/5345-53b.pdf

Damn, the hell with a full body safety harness, you're better off strapping on a parachute!!!!:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts