New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I posted something similar a few years back. Figured its worth a shot. I have a spot, its a secluded huge piece of state land in northern nj ( Sussex county). Its about a mile and change hike in, its a an absolute honeyhole. Its a swamp that beavers keep very well maintained and filled with water. It is absolutely LOADED WITH DUCKS. I bow hunted right near the swamp last week and must have seen at least 200 ducks coming in at dusk. I do duck hunt from time to time but with all my other outdoor addictions I have other priorities. My offer is pretty simple, one hand washes the other. I'll show you the spot ( which once you know where it is you can obviously go back anytime you want) and in return maybe you can show me a new spot to Bowhunt. I am always scouting and exploring and enjoy hunting new/different places. Figured I'd throw it out there. Let me know if there is any interest. Happy hunting.

Reactions: LanceinPA

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well like I said , one hand washes the other, worth a shot. Also would be an awesome spot for beaver trappers, thereis 3 lodges there. I only trap canines, ****, mink and rat . No interest in beavers ( the kind that swim anyway ha)

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm lucky that most of my bow hunting is within a half hour but depending on offer I would travel. And how on earth does this have disaster written all over it? I could care less about ducks and figured I'd try and help out someone who enjoys duck hunting as there primary focus.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Who shows who first?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look guys I don't want this spiraling into a njh train wreck post. I'm an honest ethical hunter, not looking to screw anyone over or do something shady. Very simple offer. And it would start with a phone call and go from there. I would have no problem taking the person to the location first. Some people really do just want to help out other sportsman with out alterior motives.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Who shows who first?
Exactly. I said it could be a disaster because of all the circumstances. What if someone gives you a spot you already no? Is it up to you to accept the offer if you like that spot or not? What if you get 10 pms with 10 great new spots to hunt for yourself yet this pond will now have 10 guys on top of each other next weekend. Like deuce said how are you going to disclose the spot. Some guy may be in the same position as you with a real good spot with some bruiser bucks but he may not want to know where your spot is first. I don't no, seems tricky and easier said then done.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thinking to much into this I think. Really not that complicated. I got a duck spot. You got a bow spot I could try? Cool. If not no harm no "fowl" haha. Couldn't resist. In all seriousness as long as whoever contacts me is honest and in it for same reason I am its all good.

Reactions: GWO

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bumpski- quack quack

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quack

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did my homework. I explored and scouted this area since I could walk. I've had many successful duck hunts there, killed a lot of deer around the swamp and in 15 years never seen another hunter, shell casing or piece of garbage there. Its to far of a walk for the average weekend warrior. Its also state land. But thank you for your valuable input on my thread.

Reactions: Exit89 and dgram36

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I am sure someone will take you up on your offer, if I lived closer I would be all over it. nice offer/trade

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quack

·
Non Typical
2,265 Posts
PM me your cell number. I'll show you some new spots (public land) and I don't even want to know where your duck spot is.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I been out a few times just walking around for squirrel, all public land, zone 15, 16 and 18 everywhere is full of deer, signs all over. finding a spot isnt hard at all

Reactions: ithaca10
1 - 20 of 26 Posts