New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys setting up my first duck boat. Don't know if I should
Paint it or use camo wrap. It's a 12' v.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah , I still have one spot I'll still need it.
It got a lot of use this year.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Vinyl wrap looks great just not all that durable. I think you would be better off with paint.

Do they use a different material for wrapping boats than they use on ATV. The stuff on atv takes a pretty good beating and always shows less wear than ones not wrapped ??

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I just picked up a 14 ft v in the fall and am planning on painting it with the parker duck paint. That stuff holds up really well and even if you chip it you can just retouch it up.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Prep is important, and will give it some extra life instead of chipping or flaking. Parker's is good, but I like Lou Tischs FME paints from Lock stock and barrel. Holds up real well and he has a real good choice of colors.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have a wrap, it looks good and the only place where it ripped off is from improper application on my part. If you decide to use wraps I would spend a day cleaning and wet sanding the surface as well as watching you tube videos for vehicle wraps. It was not an easy application but it looks great if its done right.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
BentBarrels could you post a pic of your boat? I'd like to see how the wrap comes out. Can you tell it's wrapped and not paint? I've never seen the wrap before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.