New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First time I'm using a camera. I put it out last week at new stand site. Saw this little guy every day. Looks like same deer to me. It's early to drop but I've seen it this early before and last year one was shot on this property during 6 day with one dropped. A little blurry to be 100%

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hard to tell with the neck but you may be right. The body posture is very similar in both pics as far as the belly and back. 2nd pic seems too square to be a doe and def older than a button. I'll have to wait for more pics. he was there every day but this morning.
Dropped Antlers imposible different deer!

WAY too early look at the necks 2nd pic doe

·
Registered
908 Posts
Look at the first photo and you can see the nut sack on the buck. Look at the second photo. It's not there. It's a good way of determining whether you are about to shoot a button buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't see the nut sack on these either. [confusedagain]
Look at the first photo and you can see the nut sack on the buck. Look at the second photo. It's not there. It's a good way of determining whether you are about to shoot a button buck.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
In this case a photo doesn't show you everything, but next time your looking at a live deer and wondering what the sex is if you don't see antlers that a look. It works.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Had a buck few years back that hung out in yard ,watch him loose both his antlers on nov 27 ,the following year he lost them in feb,U never kbow
I was gonna say I have never seen one shed before Thanksgiving (this is still after peak rut so is still OK in natures plan. Another thing injured bucks shed far earlier then they would have normally all has to do with Testosterone levels in that particular animal at that particular time.

Reactions: eaglenest44

·
Registered
611 Posts
I hunted an afternoon a couple weeks ago in black river down by the swamp and I had a big bodied buck with no antlers chase a doe right by my stand grunting and all. First time I experience that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.