New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 19, 2005 I took a friend of mine's son's Matty who is 12 years old on a Saturday afternoon. I set him up on a spot where a saw alot of buck sign and moved myself 50 yds. from him. At 3:30 pm a doe came at near me and all I could think it was I put him in the wrong spot. About 10 mins. later where the doe had come out this huge buck came out behind the doe and chased it into the reeds. It sounded like a bulldozer in the reeds, I took my grunt call out and hit it a few times for matty, and this buck came out of the reeds, passed right by me 20 yds. and headed right for Matty. It came up to the deer lure I had near Matty ( 20 yds.) One SHOT with 00 buck shot it ran straight into a tree head on and broke off the drop tines it had. Straight through the heart Matty shot, perfect SHOT Placement. Seeing this deer come out definitly scared the s--t out of me! I was so glad to see Matty get this Huge First Deer. Youth hunting is where it is at! The deer weighed 160lbs. with 10 pts. and 2 unusual drop tines, which were broke and we will have repaired. Next time I need to TAKE the darn video camera!!!
Deer was taken in Salem, NJ. I have takin alot of deer in my years but there is nothing like seeing a young Boy or Girl take a deer, find a youth hunter and take them out with you keep the hunter hunting!

http://www.ranchoweb.com/folder/41002

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forgot to add,that after he shot that one another 8 pt came by him,they are really on the move i guess the cold snap got them moving.he'll be dreaming about this one for a long time!i know i'll never forget it.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Great to see the young one's out there hunting and especially being successful in filling a tag.[up]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Congratulations on a UNIQUE Buck![up][up]

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Gang! if you do take a youngone hunting please bring a vidio cam,,and take better pictures then i did,, you just never know! i got 2 other friends that want me to take there kids hunting looks like i'll be bizzy next year.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nice buck for any hunter. Prefect for a youth. It seem to me that Salem County has been producing quite a few drop tines. I have spotted two myself, and have seen a few a Lance the taxidermists.

Till our trails cross,
WW

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
great deer!! looks like that kid is hooked for sure.[up][up]

·
Registered
546 Posts
That rack is crazy! Thanks for sharing your day with someone else's kid, I'm sure he'll remember every moment of that day and p [no swearing please] that story on to his grandkids!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts