New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a small "Scout-Invader" downrigger at a yard sale. It's apparently unused because the cable end to go to the weight is not rigged, and I don't know how it should be rigged. There's a clip with a crimp but also a bushing and screw that was included in an unopened bag. I can crimp the clip to the cable if that's how its supposed to be, but I have no idea what the bushing and screw are for. Can anyone tell me?

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
cannon makes a accessory kit u can pick up for around 20 bucks it includes all the necessarry things u will need to attach the ball to the cable. most fishing shops that sell downrigger stuff should have them or could order them. the pack comes with enough to like 4 or 5 downriggers. and i would look on their website they should have some good info on there for u. but all the downriggers i have ever gotten new have the clip and everything ready to go. it musta been used at some point or taken apart maybe for some reason

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
It's apparently unused because the cable end to go to the weight is not rigged,
all the downriggers i have ever gotten new have the clip and everything ready to go. it musta been used at some point or taken apart maybe for some reason
[up]
Sounds like the cable snapped at one time and he lost the ball and maybe some wire. So he picked up the parts and never got to assemble it. JMO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts