New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - new user here... excellent site!

I am in the process of moving / down-sizing and have some mounts I am looking to sell. If interested, please get in touch and I will be happy to share pics and more details. Or... if anyone can point me in a good direction for a marketplace in this space, I would be grateful. With all the negative publicity on hunting recently, I am hesitant to list on sites like Craigslist or Amazon.

I have 7-8 nice antelope species from S. Africa and 1 full mounted black bear on a rolling pedestal. All in excellent condition.

Thanks! Steve

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Be careful with NJ laws. I certainly don't know them well in this area, but the bear might be an issue(?). The antelope being from another country are likely fine to sell. I may have this wrong, but big game animals living in NJ can't be sold as taxidermy. Someone better at these silly laws can correct me. Don't want to see a new guy get in a pinch. And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
I never knew that. That's ridiculous.
I know it pertains to whitetails, not sure about others. Someone here will know for certain. I don't want to give out bad info, just a quick warning because I know certain game animal taxidermy cannot be sold. I see it all the time here where someone "loans" theirs out to get around the legality.....

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Sale of WildlifeThe sale of wild birds and game animals, or partsthereof, is prohibited in New Jersey with the followingexceptions: legally trapped furbearers maybe sold plus the sale of white-tailed deer hides,tails and the lower portion of the legs is legal. Seealso Closed Seasons, Bobcat, page 24. Questionsshould be directed to a regional Fish and Wildlifelaw enforcement office; see page 47.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Rent it paid in full with a 100 year lease![drinking]

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not sure when it ends, but u can rent a space at the flea market they have every Saturday at giant stadium parking lot in rutherford, just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts