New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't hunt the September season pretty much because of the heat,don't ya get a little nervous that you are going to hit a deer and not be able to find it right away? Just curious

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Yes. That, and making sure the meat is cooled down asap. But I waited too long not to go when ever possible. Just plan ahead. And no need to rush your shots, you've got the whole season ahead of you.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
I always get nervous, but thats because I'm hunting... If you take your time and let the deer get in the right spot ( quartering away / broadside ) and wait 1/2 hr before going to look for it. You wont have any problems.. The meat starts going bad after 2 hr sitting in 80+ deg weather. When I bag a deer and it's hot out , after gutting it I'll ice in down.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I only hunt the AM if it's over 75 in the PM. I ice it down until I get home to skin it & cut it up

·
Registered
227 Posts
MY BROTHER LIVES IN SOUTH FLORIDA. HE HAS FRIENDS THAT WILL SKIN A DEER OUT AND HANG IT IN THE SHADE
FOR 2 TO 4 DAYS UNTIL THE MEAT GETS A RAINBOW SHEEN TO IT. VINEGAR IS USED 2 X A DAY TO WIPE THE CARC [no swearing please] DOWN.[up]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts