New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the card an hour ago and found where a few of the bucks I was watching are hanging out.
Not many nuts in this area, but just enough to keep them off the fields and out of sight. The buck in the second and third picture made my hit list.
This guy gets to walk.

I see you!

Love the turned up front tips.

He could be on the hit list too?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
goodluck with them!

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
WOW some understory in that woods!

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Great looking bucks, But that under growth looks picked clean, looks like it maybe time to drop some does in that area as it almost looks like some parks I've seen that are way over populated. Good Luck

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Looking good Larry[up] Buck number two gets my vote[up] I really like those upturned beams too!

[hihi] there aren't many places in NJ that don't look like that[wallmad]

·
Registered
36 Posts
I take buck 3 if he don't want him!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like it maybe time to drop some does in that area
Last year alone we, our group off four. Took over 25 deer of this property. Six were my bucks and the rest does and a couple buttons. The guys around us also took a bunch. I'll be sure to do my part again this year :D If you went 100 yards to the left you can hardly walk it's so thick.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Looking good buddy and based on those pics you have a really good chance of taking a velvet buck the first week if you can earn your buck early.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[up][up][up]

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Typical mature woods. Canopy blocks light, so understory doesn't grow. need a good hurricane or a Stihl 044. But to be honest, judging from the pics, it doesn't look like it needs a thing.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
[up][up]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts