New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARLINGTON, Texas -- An Arlington woman who wounded an intruder she found hiding in a closet says she shot his leg -- because she didn't want to kill him.

Susan Gaylord Buxton says she's a good shot and could have killed the guy.
Sixty-six-year-old Susan Gaylord Buxton says she's a good shot and could have killed the guy.

Police say Buxton has a permit to carry a handgun and won't be charged over yesterday's shooting at her home.

Authorities believe the suspect ended up at Buxton's place after fleeing when officers tried to ticket him for speeding in a stolen car.

Buxton heard gl [no swearing please] breaking and told her 28-year-old granddaughter to call 9-1-1.

Buxton located the intruder in a closet near the front door.

In the 9-1-1 tape, Buxton is heard telling 22-year-old Christopher Lessner to lie on the floor, before the first shot is fired.

Before the second shot, Buxton said to her granddaughter, "Get the police out here or this is it for him."

Lessner took off, but was captured at a nearby house.

He faces charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, evading arrest, criminal mischief and criminal trespass.

**If you do a news search on google for "texas gradma shoot" you should be able to see the video with the 911 audio.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
If this happened in NJ, that lady would've been sent to jail for god knows how long.

Good for her. I'm glad she stood up for herself. [up][up]

David

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Good for granny!!! I don't care how long they lock me up for, break into my house and put my family in harms way and deal with my security practices (a glock .45).

This is a silly question and I hope it never happens to anyone but if someone did break into your house, what do you think would scare the hell out of them more, 1) a pistol pointed at them, 2) a rifle / shotgun pointed at them or 3) A crazy hunter with a bow nocked and pointed at them while in full draw?

I told my wife number 3 would scare me worse than the others, because the guy using the bow as his weapon must be a crazy lunatic!!!!!

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I would say a shotgun. You don't have to be very accurate and it does a heck of alot of damage.

David

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Like the new movie the weatherman(I think it's nicholas cage). Everyone picked on him and threw stuff at him until he started carrying a bow around town with him! LOL

·
Registered
546 Posts
Found another story of a 70 y/o granny shooting granddaughter hubby becasue he kicked in her front door to get in. Now charges filed on her either.

"Texas law states that when you're in your home and you feel your life or the life of another is threatened, you have a right to defend yourself with lethal force."

Needs to be a law in every state!

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
A little old lady wanted to join a biker club.
She knocked on the door of a local biker club and a big, hairy, bearded biker with tattoos all over his arms answers the door.
She proclaims "I want to join your biker club."
The guy was amused and told her that she needed to meet certain biker requirements before she was allowed to join. So the biker asks her "You have a bike?"
The little old lady says "Yea, that's my Harley over there" and points to a Harley parked in the driveway.
The biker asks her "Do you smoke?"
The little old lady says "Yea, I smoke. I smoke 4 packs of cigarettes a day and a couple of cigars while I'm shooting pool."
The biker is impressed and asks "Well, have you ever been picked up by the Fuzz?"
The little old lady says "No, never been picked up by the fuzz, but I've

been swung around by my nipples a few times."

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is true, there is actually a rule for it too, ( not a law) if they happen to get outside..shoot'em anyways and drag them back inside. I was really excited to move out here at first, and I still think it is beautiful out here and most the people in South Jersey are generally cordial...but all this liberal B.S is really starting to depress me. Maybe we really should get all these hunting sites in jersey together and form our own political group! Hell with as many hunters and gun owners as there are in this state...it could be pretty powerful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts