New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am faced with coming to the rationalization that I need to put one of my dogs down this coming week. As she is 12 years old she has a tumor that was not operable. While we all know this day eventually comes it is extremely hard to even think about it. As a hunting dog we had tons of great days in the field, as a family member she was truly a pleasure to be around. My other female is 14 soon to be 15 that day is not too far off either....

Dogs they never live long enough........

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Never an easy decision. : ( The toughest part of being a pet owner is having to make that decision.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
sorry to hear, its there only downfall:(
thats always tuff to do.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
That's a tough decision to deal with. I feel for you. Hang in there.

·
Banned
1,518 Posts
I know what you mean and it sucks... I have 3 dogs that turn 15 this month,I'll be surprised if they see 16. Feel glad that you gave them a good home,and that you didn't just give them away when things got inconvenient from time to time,like some people do.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rich:

I had seen the picture you posted of your pup that died on the vets table. I remember it as though it was yesterday! You came back to the preserve and told us, we were all sitting around the kitchen table. That picture brought back so many memories! Thanks for your as well as others thoughtfulness.

·
Registered
487 Posts
every time i read something like this i gotta hug my dog, god bless you & your family buddy,its really hard, my mother always said, people who love dogs are great people, sounds like you are to, hang in there pal.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Sorry to hear....had to do the same thing years ago....a friend of mine sent me this:

A dog does not live as long as a man and this natural law is the fount of many tears. If boy and puppy might grow to manhood and doghood together, and together grow old, and so in due course die, full many a heartache might be avoided. But the world is not so ordered, and dogs will die and men will weep for them so long as there are dogs and men."

I'm not ashamed to admit I still do.....

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Dogs they never live long enough........
Boy is that ever true. I think about that also. My Jack-Russell is almost 11 and doing well. But that day will come. My kids are 16 and 14 and they don't even remember not having her around. She's been a part of our family almost their whole lives. That is going to be one tough day.....

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I am not looking forward to mine getting older. She is only 5 and cannot imagine her not being here.
Keep the memories and pictures

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.