New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has a very red eye and has yellowish **** around it. Any idea what it could be and is there anything I can get to help it heal.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
the dog might have goten into something that did not agree with his eyes i would not worry to much flush with eye wash thre times a day my one setter got into some kind seed or something and was totaly blind for two days my dogs eyes start bleeding in sept and dont stop till april

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I just took my dog to the vet last week for the same problem. He's very healthy and NEVER sick. Turned out to be conjunctivitis. One drop of medicine 3x a day cleared it up in a few days. Damage to the vet was $85

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's going to the Vet tomorrow AM. Just looking for something to give him relief for the night.

·
Registered
987 Posts
you might try a triple antibiotic ointment. It should be sterile. My dog had that went he jumped into a bush going for a pheasant and poked his eye.

·
Registered
747 Posts
yellow **** .... as in pus? Pus is a sign of infection.

If you put anything in his eye .... read the package carefully first. Some things don't go in eyes.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im not putting anything but a warm damp soft cloth to absorb some of the ****. Vet in the AM.

·
Registered
18,010 Posts
Might be allergies as well. Warm compresses a good place to start but keep it clean John,Vetropolycin I've used the vet gave me and it has worked.

Once in a while Abby has allegies this works on especialy when she getts things stuck in her eyes. Have to use the ointment a few times a year.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
The eye sounds septic. See a vet.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Vet says conjunctivitis. Meds twice a day
The puss in my dogs eye went away within 3 days, but his eyes remained cloudy for a few more. Glad to hear it's nothing too serious[up][up]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My choclate lab just went to the vet Thurs, same thing...conjuctivitis. Maybe it's just the time of year? First time in 10 years he's ever had it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts