New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More and more towns in NJ are asking for additional forms to be filled out as a requirement to obtain a NJ FPID card and/or handgun permits. Please name your town/city if they ask for additional forms.
We law abiding citizens need to stop rolling over and need to REFUSE to fill out these illegal requests.

2C:58-3f. …There shall be no conditions or requirements added to the form or content of the application, or required by the licensing authority for the issuance of a permit or identification card, other than those that are specifically set forth in this chapter.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
What other forms are they asking for?

Ive had to fill out the following in the past.

Form STS-33 (Firearms/Pistol form)

Form SP-66 (Mental Health Consent)

Form SBI 212A (State police background/yellow form)

Is my town guilty too or are there more forms?:D

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopatcong PD "requires" a ten year work history and 10 year residency history as part of their application process. I flat out refused to fill out the information. More to follow:D

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Rutherford...
Three months for Id Card renewal.
My experience tells me never leave the forms you fill out to anyone at a desk, hand it directly to the person that is doing the processing.
My forms were in someones desk drawer for three weeks,never handed over to the detective that was handling my paper work.
Bottom line if you think there going brakes someones *alls,better re think that. All they have to do is lose your stuff.
Your at thier mercy!!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Back in the late 80's the Chief of police in Lawrence Twsp. would call you in a couple of days after you submitted your paperwork and sit you down in his office and have a chat with you trying to talk you out of getting a pistol permit. Told you you really didn't need a pistol and asked lots of questions about why you where getting it. About 4 months later it would show up. Was in my early 20's then and it was quite intiminating at the time.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.