New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEER SEASON

A man and his friend were enjoying Deer season in rural New Jersey near a blacktop highway.

A huge buck walked by and the hunter carefully drew his bow and took careful aim.

Before he could release his arrow, his friend pointed at a funeral procession passing on the road below their stand.

The hunter slowly let off the pressure on his bow, took off his hat, bowed his head and closed his eyes in prayer.

His friend was amazed. "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen. You are the kindest man I have ever known."

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 35 years.":D:D:D[smirk]

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
wow!! thats me!!!!:D

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
When I was married I went hunting on my wife's birthday... Then gave her a pheasant for a birthday present.....One of my sons was born in early Jan. I went hunting during deer season. Bear in mind this was in the pre cell phone days.

If I had it to do over I would not have done things that way.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
MY son was born December 17-1969. That was our only doe day back in those days. I told my father to take her to the hospital. Yes I went hunting. She was in labor for 12 hours. Made it back in time to hear my son cry.
And yes I did shoot a Doe in Kingdwood township, right of 519 behind the school. For all of you out there that are familiar with the area, it was old lady Manchurs property in Barbertown.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 29 Nov 2005 11:46 PM

Currently Offline Posts: 453
MY son was born December 17-1969. That was our only doe day back in those days. I told my father to take her to the hospital. Yes I went hunting. She was in labor for 12 hours. Made it back in time to hear my son cry.
And yes I did shoot a Doe in Kingdwood township, right of 519 behind the school. For all of you out there that are familiar with the area, it was old lady Manchurs property in Barbertown.
That tops my story

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i would have been divorced if that was me...lol

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woj - The property that Tony is talking about is the school on Rte. 519 and Thatcher Rd. area.

You p [no swearing please] it on the way to meet me at BSC and our club.

Barbertown SC used to have that property when Tony was a member.

El Jefe - You da MAN!!!![cool][smirk][up]

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
JT Manchre's also use to own the pink house on rt 12 top of the hill when you come out of the last circle in Flemington going towards Frenchtown. Barbertown pay for it for years and I posted it with my own signs LOL:D:D Then Adam Laudenback SR. found out and he wanted to kill me. Wow what a honey hole I had there. Had the land all the way down to 523 and across to Johana's Farms. There was a young fellow who is a fireman member of Barbertown who then started hunting there and we became good friends, I would let him hunt any were down there. He use to take some nice bucks out of there. Which I could remember his name, I know he drove a red truck think it was a Bronco. Some times he would hunt with Laudenbach JR.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.